Friday, October 29, 2010

A GIFT FOR A DEBUTANTE

Today was such a busy day. I spent almost half of the day attending to some HR concerns, which I am doing for the HR Assistant who has gone astray. First task: read the Inspection Report from the Department of Labor and Employment. I have dealt with the DOLE some times before and this is no longer new to me. Finding my way along the issue, I requested to pull out the required files and documents and prepared them for a visit at the DOLE office.

After that I went to the nearby mall to find a really nice timepiece. It's what I have thought of as a gift for my cousin who's celebrating her debut tomorrow, October 30, 2010. And she have chosen me to be one of those to give her 18 symbolic treasures. A timepiece. A wrist watch. Looking through the glass shelves, I finally found the one I've been looking for. A Valentino Wristwatch with a glossy dark grey snakeskin strap, square casing, with stones embedded in the silver finish face.


After paying, I rushed to the novelty store to buy a pink floral gift bag and a few yards of cutesy polka-dot pink ribbon.

When I was back at the office, I started to proof read the message I have prepared the day before.
A TIME PIECE
           The time you have starting today will hold the most treasured memories you will have. And since this page of your life comes only once, enjoy it while it lasts. Spend every minute of it like it’s the end of time. Share it with your special someone but not too much to miss the opportunity to enjoy the company of your friends. But most importantly, have enough time for your family.  For Harvey MacKay once have said: Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. And once you've lost it you can never get it back.
          And though they say that time is short, I’ve always believed that time could be long enough for anyone who know how to use it wisely.
         A timepiece is what I’ve instantly thought of giving you, right at the moment I learned you have chosen me to be one of the 18 persons to give your symbolic gifts. I chose a timepiece to always remind you to take your time. Don’t dance so fast. The music won’t last so enjoy every note. Don’t be in a hurry to get to where you want to be, the right time will come. And always remember, when you run so fast to get somewhere, you miss half the fun of getting there.
          Have a Great Birthday!

After deciding it's good to be spoken, I printed it in a cream colored scented linen paper and slipped it in a card envelope. I removed the strings of the gift bag and replaced them with the ribbon I bought. Then I used the remaining yard  and tied it to the box and made a little bow tie. Cute. =) 

I placed the box inside the gift bag and sealed it with a clear tape. Ready for delivery.

In as much as I have wanted to attend her debut, I have scheduled a trip bound to Manila tomorrow night and my departure will be around 8pm. So I will just have her gift delivered at their house tomorrow morning.

And that was my day.

4 comments:

  1. may i quote a few sentences from your message? it's really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are part of someone’s 18 Treasures lineup? Make sure to select a gift that would hold meaning, check these 18 Treasures Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi can you please help me a qoute for bag's gift for 18th birthday. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. can u pls help me a message for watch's gift for 18th treasure

    ReplyDelete